JIRA is a proprietary issue tracking product developed by Atlassian that allows bug tracking and agile project management.
Engineering & Product teams use JIRA software to manage and monitor customer issues, new feature requests, bugs, incidents, engineering tasks, product change requests that they collect from the customer facing teams.
How JIRA Integration will help me?
- You will be able to view status of on JIRA cards/issues which were assigned to Engineering team.
- You will be able to see consolidated view all the JIRA tickets raised for a specific customer in one single place
- You can actor in status and count of JIRA tickets in Health calculations
- You will be able to set up Alert based on certain criteria.
Why should I integrate with JIRA ?
Integrating JIRA with CustomerSuccessBox, enables you to:
- Associate JIRA cards/issues having bugs, technical tasks, new feature requests, any incidents etc to the specific account
- Import or sync JIRA cards to Issues in CustomerSuccessBox
- Have a 360 degree view of your customer's request & status update by the development team on various issues.
- Configure Risk Alerts on the basis of properties of Issues
- Set up Service Health configuration on the basis of trend of issues
- See the trends of issues request coming from each customer
Authorizing Access to JIRA
Follow the steps below to authorize CustomerSuccessBox access to JIRA software
- CustomerSuccessBox requires API Key to authenticate with JIRA software. Learn how to generate API Keys JIRA software support article.
- Log-in to your CustomerSuccessBox instance and navigate to the Integrations Hub from Settings (Gear Icon) > Integrations
- Find and click on JIRA Software in the Integrations Hub
- Enter your JIRA Domain URL and the JIRA Admin Email Address
- Copy the API Key in the API Key field.
- Click Authorize and then click Next
- Select the Project Boards & Issue Types that you want to fetch from JIRA Software
- Review the fields that would be pulled from JIRA and click Save
That's it! Your JIRA has been integrated. Now sit back and relax while CustomerSuccessBox pulls in the issues from JIRA. You will receive an Email from CustomerSuccessBox when all the issues have been fetched. Post this, you can navigate to the Account360 page and start manually associating Jira Issues to the Account(s)
What data is fetched from JIRA to CustomerSuccessBox?
JIRA software integration supports Data-In integration from Projects, Issues in JIRA to Issues object in CustomerSuccessBox.
CustomerSuccessBox requires the following from JIRA core software:
- Understanding of which Projects/Boards and Issue Types that needs to be synced
- The user authorizing JIRA should have Admin access to the projects or boards that need to sync
CustomerSuccessBox has 'READ-ONLY' access to JIRA issues from the Project Boards that are selected during the integration configuration. Following data points are mapped to CustomerSuccessBox:
|source_id||id||Unique identifier for this issue. Eg: BUGS - 234|
|key||key||Unique identifier for this issue. Eg: BUGS - 234|
|external_project_id||fields.project.key||Unique identifier of the JIRA Project Board|
|summary||fields.summary||Brief one-line summary of the issue|
|description||renderedFields.description||Detailed description of the issue|
|identified_by_name||fields.reporter.displayName||Person who entered the issue into the system|
|assigned_to_name||fields.assignee.displayName||Person to whom the issue is currently assigned.|
|status||fields.status.name||Stage the issue is currently at in the Project Board|
|status_category||fields.status.statusCategory.name||Status type of the Stage in the project board
eg: to-do, in progress, completed
|priority||fields.priority.name||Importance of the issue
eg: High, Medium, Low, Blocker
eg: Task, Story, Bug
|created_on||fields.created||Issue Created Date|
|updated_on||fields.updated||Issue Updated Date|
|due_date||fields.duedate||Issue Due Date|
|progress||fields.progress.progress||Numerical Value of the progress status|
|resolution_summary||fields.resolution.name||Resolution status of Issue
|target_resolution_date||fields.resolutiondate||Target date for Resolution|
|actual_resolution_date||fields.resolutiondate||Actual date for resolution|
|labels||fields.labels||Label attached to the issue|
In most cases, you would have a dedicated Customer Success Manager who will be your point-of-contact for any queries or assistance. You may also,
- Initiate a chat directly from within CustomerSuccessBox. Use chat option from Chat icon in left side navigation bar
- Create a conversation from here
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org