Once you have successfully authorised integration with JIRA, you can go ahead and add all your historical issues in CSB via a simple bulk upload process.
Prerequisites to import historical issues
Before you begin to migrate your historical data, you would need to export a list of all the issues from JIRA. (Ensure that you map the issues to their Issue ID from JIRA and Account IDs of the customers who have raised the issue.)
Steps to import historical data from JIRA to CustomerSuccessBox
- On the settings tab on your CustomerSuccessBox instance, click on 'Import'
- On the Import page, click on download under the Issues section to get a sample file outlining the format in which the data needs to be in
- In the sample CSV file, add the list of issues in the recommended format. Mentioned below are a list of mandatory fields that you need to include while uploading s list of issues. Other fields such as, summary, description, status etc. are all optional.
Name of field Mandatory Description external_project_id Yes The number that Jira automatically allocates to a project source_id Yes The number that Jira automatically allocates to a Issue account_id Yes Unique Account ID of the customer that has raised the issue
- You may choose to only upload the issue IDs with the respective accounts that have raised them. Since CustomerSuccessBox automatically populates all information from JIRA every 24 hours, we will be able to capture all other fields for you in 24 hours.
- In case you want to associate multiple Customers with the same issue, include the Account IDs of these customer in the Account ID cell separated by commas.
- Once your file is ready to be uploaded, click on 'click to upload' to start uploading your list of issues, and click on 'Next'.
- On the next screen, map the relevant fields where you have mapped the Project ID and Issue ID on your file. (This will be used to identify which project a particular belongs to on JIRA)
- On the next window, map the fields on CustomerSuccessBox to their counter parts added on your file and click on 'Next'.
- Do a final check on the field mapping. If you need to make any changes at this moment, click on 'Back' make the necessary changes and move ahead.
- Now for the final step, click on 'Save & Upload' and your file will be successfully uploaded.
In most cases, you would have a dedicated Customer Success Manager who will be your point-of-contact for any queries or assistance. You may also,