One of the major focus of CustomerSuccessBox is actionability. This article will cover connecting your Email account to CustomerSuccessBox using SMTP/IMAP settings. Once connected you don’t have to switch between tabs (or systems) to send out emails to your customers.
Who is this for?
This article is for each and every member of the Customer Success team who already communicate or want to communicate with Users of Accounts created in CustomerSuccessBox.
Why should I connect my Email inbox to CustomerSuccessBox?
Connecting your Email account to CustomerSuccessBox enables you to
- Leverage the two-way Email integration to sync your customer communications with CustomerSuccessBox
- Track the Relationship Health with your customers
- Get timely Alerts when there has been no communication/touchpoint with the customer over a specified period of time
- Send out emails to your customers directly from CustomerSuccessBox via your Email account
- Reach out to Users belonging to an Account directly from CustomerSuccessBox
Set up IMAP settings
To start receiving and sending emails directly from CustomerSuccessBox, you need to link your Email account first. This needs to be done by each CSM individually.
To configure IMAP settings for your email domain:
- Navigate to Email sync settings from your Profile dropdown on the top-right corner
- Click on Other
- In the panel, enter your email user id and password
- Click on Advanced Options and enter the details below
- Incoming Server Details (IMAP): enter your IMAP server name and port.
- Outgoing Server Detials (SMTP): enter your SMTP server name and port
- If your SSL certificate is not signed by a Certificate Authority, select the Allow non-secure certificate checkbox.
- Click Connect and that's it! The setup is complete!!
We start fetching emails from the current day on connection and regularly sync all connected mailboxes every fifteen minutes from the previous sync. We only bring in emails which are associated with Users on an Account.
How does CustomerSuccessBox know which emails to sync from Email?
Users need be present in CustomerSuccessBox under each Account with a valid email address in the email field. This enables CustomerSuccessBox to identify the email conversations that need to be synced.
NOTE:As long as the above conditions are met, CustomerSuccessBox syncs
In most cases, you would have a dedicated Customer Success Manager who will be your point-of-contact for any queries or assistance. You may also,