CustomerSuccessBox supports integration with Stripe to pull in Account, Subscription and Invoice data. In this article, we list out the steps and requirements to integrate Stripe with CustomerSuccessBox.
Why should I integrate with Stripe?
Integrating Stripe with CustomerSuccessBox, enables you to
- Create and/or manage Account and Subscriptions in CustomerSuccessBox from Stripe
- View all Invoices for a particular Account in CustomerSuccessBox
- Have a 360 degree view of your customers
- Configure Risk Alerts on Invoice/Subscription status, Due/Paid Amount, Due/Paid Dates
- Set up Financial Health
- Segment Accounts on MRR, Amount, Plan Quantity, Plan Names, Invoice Status etc.
Authorizing Access to Stripe
Follow the steps below to authorize CustomerSuccessBox access to Stripe
- Generate 'Restricted API Key' in Stripe. To learn more about generating the key in Stripe refer to this article. We'd need Read permission on the following objects: Customers, Products, Invoices, Plans, Subscriptions
- Log-in to your CustomerSuccessBox instance
- Navigate to the Integrations Hub from Settings (Gear Icon) > Integrations
- Find and click on Stripe in the Integrations Hub and copy the API Secret Key in the API Key field and click 'Authorize'
Once all the above steps are done, drop a line via Chat on the left navigation panel. CustomerSuccessBox engineering team will do the heavy lifting and complete Stripe integration for you.
Your Customer Success Manager will discuss the different options available to you for bringing in data from Stripe during the kick-off call.
Finalize Account and User Identifiers
CustomerSuccessBox requires a unique identifier for Account and User records that should be immutable. The source of truth for the identifiers can be your tenant/instance, Stripe or any third-party system.
|Source of truth
||Yes||Set the unique identifier of tenant/instance on a custom field belonging to an Customer or a Subscription object in Stripe
||Set unique identifiers of Stripe Customer/Subscription to all systems the data would be pulled/pushed from
|Other Third Party Tools
||Set the unique identifier of third-party on a custom field belonging to an Customer or Subscription object in Stripe
Finalize Mapping Details
Once you have finalized the source of truth for unique Account and User identifiers, share the object_name and field_name where the unique identifiers are available and/or set in Stripe with your Customer Success Manager or fill the details in the onboarding document shared with you.
In most cases, you would have a dedicated Customer Success Manager who will be your point-of-contact for any queries or assistance. You may also,
- Initiate a chat directly from within CustomerSuccessBox. Use chat option from Chat icon in left side navigation bar
- Create a conversation from here
- Send an email to email@example.com