This article guides you through how to enable Mixpanel integration with CustomerSuccessBox. With this integration, your Customer Success/Account Management teams will be able to access and leverage the high value usage events by the users of your product within CustomerSuccessBox.
Why should I integrate with Mixpanel?
Integrating Mixpanel with CustomerSuccessBox, enables you to
- Get Risk Alerts whenever users are inactive
- Upsell Alerts based on product usage
- Set up Product Adoption Health
- Segment Accounts on product adoption metrics
- Track active/inactive users
Your Customer Success Manager will discuss the different options available to you for bringing in data from Mixpanel during the kick-off call.
Finalize Account and User Identifiers
CustomerSuccessBox requires a unique Account ID and User ID mapped to available in all data sources for CustomerSuccessBox to be able to map it to the same account and/or user. You would need to set the unique identifier for account and users on a custom field belonging to an Account and/or User in Mixpanel.
To learn more about creating Accounts and Users, refer to 'When should an account be created?' section of the Getting Started Guide
To learn more about unique Account ID and User ID, refer 'What should be the unique identifier for account and user?' section of the Getting Started Guide
Which events will be pulled from Mixpanel?
Your business stakeholders (typically Customer Success Director/Manager) will share a document similar to this on-boarding template. The usage events that would be pulled in from Mixpanel will be present in the 'product_usage' sheet of the document.
Authorizing Access to Mixpanel
Follow the steps below to authorize CustomerSuccessBox access to Mixpanel
- Copy 'API _secret' from Mixpanel by clicking on your name in the upper righthand corner under Project Settings
- Log-in to your CustomerSuccessBox instance
- Navigate to the Integrations Hub from Settings (Gear Icon) > Integrations
- Find and click on Mixpanel in the Integrations Hub, copy the 'API _secret' in the 'API Key' field and click 'Authorize'
Once all the above steps are done, drop a line via Chat on the left navigation panel. CustomerSuccessBox engineering team will do the heavy lifting and complete Mixpanel integration for you.
In most cases, you would have a dedicated Customer Success Manager who will be your point-of-contact for any queries or assistance. You may also,