CustomerSuccessBox supports integration with Intercom to pull in conversations and associated metrics. In this article, we list the steps and requirements to integrate Intercom with CustomerSuccessBox.
Why should I integrate with Intercom?
Integrating Intercom with CustomerSuccessBox with just one-click Intercom OAuth authorization enables you to :
View support conversations raised by your CustomerSuccessBox users in one single place
View Service metrics based on Intercom conversations for a specific account.
Lists Accounts on Total Critical Tickets, Critical Unresolved Tickets, Total Tickets, and Total Open Tickets.
Prerequisites for one-click integration
You need to have a paid account with Intercom.
Your access to Intercom must be equivalent to an Admin level for authorizing integration with CustomerSuccessBox.
Existing users must have email defined for themselves in either email or business email attribute. This enables CustomerSuccessBox to identify support tickets raised by users of that account in Intercom with the users present at the Account level in CSB.
Authorizing Access to Intercom
Follow the steps below to authorize CustomerSuccessBox access to Intercom.
1. Log in to your CustomerSuccessBox instance
2. Navigate to the Integrations Hub from Settings > Integrations
3. Find and click on the Intercom card under the Other Available Integrations (in All or Support section) and click Connect Now.
4. If you get stuck on this page stating that the app is private, ask your Admin to provide you with the proper permission to authorize this integration.
5. Once the access is sorted, login to Intercom using your credentials and authorization and you’ll see this screen and upon Authorizing access, you’ll be redirected to the Intercom page.
6. Click Authorize access. You’ll either see an alert of error if the credentials entered are incorrect in red or for successful verification in green on the top right side in CustomerSuccessBox for few seconds.
That's it! Intercom is integrated with just authorization.
How would I know if integration is a success?
You can check if the integration is a success, by going to your CustomerSuccessBox instance, gear icon on the top right corner→ Integrations, and under Connected Integrations, you should see the Intercom card with checked “Enabled” status is green.
How do I check the data coming from Intercom?
Step-1: You’ll receive a confirmation email
Step-2: The Integration log page shows "Successful"
There are the following two ways to check the data:
1st way to check: You can find the customer where you are 100 % sure that tickets are associated with that account and the user's email address is the same as the requestor's email address of tickets. You can search the name of that Account, click on the "Tickets'' tab.
The tickets tab will show all the tickets, associated with that account.
2nd way to check:
Create a list for testing purposes.
With the following criteria - Total tickets greater than 1 in last 90 days
Do not forget to enable the list after creation. You will see all accounts where tickets have been created in the last 90 days. You can open up an account, go to the tickets tab to see all the relevant tickets.
What information is visible in Tickets conversations
All conversations belonging to existing users in CustomerSuccessBox are synced daily from Intercom. Existing users must have email defined for themselves in either email or business email attribute. This is a must to associate the tickets to the Accounts present in CustomerSuccessBox.
In most cases, you would have a dedicated Customer Success Manager who will be your point of contact for any queries or assistance. You may also,
Initiate a chat directly from within CustomerSuccessBox. Use Chat (under ? icon) on the top right navigation bar.
Create a conversation from here
Send an email to email@example.com