There are five steps to configuring SFDC two say sync with CustomerSuccessBox
- Salesforce OAuth authorization in CustomerSuccessBox
- Set-up remote site settings in Salesforce
- Install CustomerSuccessBox app in Salesforce from Appexchange
- Configure CustomerSuccessBox app in Salesforce
- Set-up visual force component in Salesforce
STEP 1: Salesforce OAuth authorization in CustomerSuccessBox
Follow the steps below to authorize CustomerSuccessBox access to Salesforce using OAuth
- Log-in to your CustomerSuccessBox instance
- Navigate to the Integrations Hub from Settings > Integrations
- Find and click on Salesforce in the Integrations Hub and click Connect now > Choose whether sandbox or Production > Authorize
- You will be redirected to the Salesforce authorization page. Scroll down and click Authorize Access
Required oAuth Salesforce user permission set
|CSB Settings (custom object) - created by CustomerSuccessBox App
|CSB Account (custom object) - created by CustomerSuccessBox App
|Salesforce Activity (Tasks and Events)
|* Write permissions are only required if you are installing CustomerSuccessBox app and looking to facilitate two-way sync.
STEP 2: Set-up remote site settings
Set-up remote site settings in Salesforce by following the steps below.
- Click on Setup (top right of the Salesforce Classic)
- Search and Click on Remote Site Settings
- Click New
- Enter CSB in Remote Site Name
- Enter you CustomerSuccessBox instance url in the Remote Site URL box
- Check the 'Active' radio box
STEP 3: CustomerSuccessBox app installation in Salesforce
Follow the below steps to install CustomerSuccessBox app in Salesforce.
- Access CustomerSuccessBox app for Salesforce on AppExchange: https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N3A00000FvIuXUAV
- Click on "Get it Now" Button on top-right to start the installation process. You may need to log into your Salesforce instance.
- Choose a set of users who can access this app
That's it! CustomerSuccessBox app is installed in Salesforce
STEP 4: CustomerSuccessBox app configuration in Salesforce
Follow the below steps to authorize and configure CustomerSuccessBox app in Salesforce
Once the installation is complete, navigate to the CustomerSuccessBox App by clicking on Content on the upper right-hand corner.
Navigate to the CSB Settings tab and click New
Review and the details of the integration in the Overview screen and click Next
- Enter below details in the Authorization screen
Enter your Domain name. For example: If your CustomerSuccessBox URL is companyname.customersuccessbox.com, then 'companyname' would be the domain name
Navigate to Settings > Developer Console in CustomerSuccessBox and copy Secret Key from under API Key tab
Enter Secret key and click Authorize
- In the Configuration screen, select how you want to sync Account,Subscription,User and Invoice data from Salesforce. You may choose any one of the below options from the dropdown.
- Create Only: Only creates new Accounts,Subscriptions, Users in CustomerSuccessBox from Accounts, Opportunities, Contacts Objects in Salesforce . If the data in any of the above objects is updated in Salesforce, they will NOT be updated in CustomerSuccessBox. This option is not available for Invoice data sync
- Create and Update: Both creates and updates Accounts,Subscriptions, Users, Invoices in CustomerSuccessBox from Accounts, Opportunities, Contacts, (custom) Invoice Objects in Salesforce . If the data in any of the above objects is updated in Salesforce, they will be updated in CustomerSuccessBox as well.
- Do Not Sync: You may choose to not sync data from a specific object in Salesforce to CustomerSuccessBox by selecting this from the dropdown.
- Select the field containing the unique CustomerSuccessBox Account identifier on Salesforce Account Object
- Select the field containing the unique CustomerSuccessBox Subscription identifier on Salesforce Opportunity object. Select the Opportunity 'Stages' and 'Types' for which you prefer to create subscriptions in CustomerSuccessBox
- Select the field containing the unique CustomerSuccessBox User identifier on Salesforce Contacts object
- Select the unique Invoice object containing the CSB Invoice identifier and select field containing the unique CSB Invoice identifier on Salesforce Invoice. Also, select field which contain relationship with selected account object of salesforce
- Select Back Import Checkbox if need to sync existing data from Salesforce to CSB
- Select the checkboxes under Activities Settings to sync Tasks/Notes/Logs according to 1-way/2-way requirement. Click Next
- Complete mapping data for Account, Subscription, Contacts and Invoice objects in the Account Mapping, Subscription Mapping, User Mapping and Invoice Mapping screens.
- Select the appropriate fields in Salesforce objects from which the data should be pulled from.
- Click Next when you have completed mapping data for each Salesforce object
- You may select 'Do Not Sync' in case you do not want to pull data for a specific CustomerSuccessBox field
- Click on Start Back Import to sync existing data. You may slick Back to move to previous screen and select Start Over to start again.
- Click on Done to complete the integration
Voila! You are done with the installation. Read on to understand layout changes that are recommended.
Step 5: Setting up Visualforce Component
This will set-up a CustomerSuccessBox visual force component in Salesforce
- Navigate to Setup > Customize > Account > Page Layouts
- Click Edit in front of the page layout you want to place Visualforce component on
- Click on Visualforce Pages section. Select, drag and drop a Section on the page layout
- Enter CustomerSuccessBox in the Section Name. Click 1-Column in Layout. Click the checkboxes that are appropriate for you in Display Section Header On
- Drag and drop csb_account visualforce page in the newly created section that was just created
- Click on the Properties (Spanner icon) on the csb_account visualforce page, set height to 700px, click OK and Save
That's it! CustomerSuccessBox and Salesforce two way sync is set up!! You will be able to see the CSB Account healths under the Account in Salesforce!
In most cases, you would have a dedicated Customer Success Manager who will be your point-of-contact for any queries or assistance. You may also,
- Initiate a chat directly from within CustomerSuccessBox. Use chat option with Live Chat option under help (?) tab present on the top navigation bar
- Create a conversation from here
- Send an email to email@example.com
Overview: Integrating Salesforce with CustomerSuccessBox
Prerequisites: Integrating Salesforce with CustomerSuccessBox
Technical Details: CustomerSuccessBox app for Salesforce