CustomerSuccessBox supports integration with Freshdesk to pull in conversations and associated metrics. In this article, we list the steps and requirements to integrate Freshdesk with CustomerSuccessBox.
Why should I integrate with the Freshdesk?
Integrating Freshdesk with CustomerSuccessBox with just one-click standard authorization enables you to:
View support conversations raised by your CustomerSuccessBox users in one single place
View Service metrics based on Freshdesk conversations for a specific account.
List Accounts on Total Critical Tickets, Critical Unresolved Tickets, Total Tickets, and Total Open Tickets
Prerequisites for one-click integration
You need to have a paid version of Freshdesk.
Your access to Freshdesk must be equivalent to an Admin level for authorizing integration with CustomerSuccessBox.
Existing users must have email defined for themselves in the email attribute. This enables CustomerSuccessBox to identify support tickets raised by users of that account in the Freshdesk with the users present at the Account level in CSB.
Authorizing Access to Freshdesk
Follow the steps below to authorize CustomerSuccessBox access to the Freshdesk:
Log in to your CustomerSuccessBox instance
2. Navigate to the Integrations Hub from Settings > Integration
3. Find and click on the Freshdesk card under the Other Available Integrations (in All or Support section) and click Connect Now.
4. Once you click on Connect Now, you’ll come up to this screen. Kindly click on Next in blue on the bottom right side of the page.
5. Afterward, on the Authentication page, you need to enter Site Name & API Key in the respective fields from your Freshdesk site. Kindly refer to this document to get API Key.
6. After entering the details, click Authorize. You’ll either see an alert Invalid Authorization if the credentials entered are incorrect or for successful verification Authorized.
7. Once Authorized, select the best way to integrate depending on how the data is stored in your system & what you want to achieve with the Integration and click Next.
If you are Mapping tickets via the user’s email address, all users who are creating tickets need to be present in CustomerSuccessBox with the same email address & the email address needs to be stored in the “email” user field. Use this mapping, If only users who are present in CustomerSuccessBox will generate tickets.
If you are Mapping tickets at the Account level, you need to create a Custom attribute at the Account level in Freshdesk & link each & every ticket to that Account. Every account needs to be associated with an Account ID.
This is applicable when anybody in your customer’s organization can create a ticket or when CSMs themselves create tickets on behalf of the customer.
If the domain as account ID is TRUE in CS Box, you can use the option to sync with domain names.
In case of any confusion talk to your dedicated CSM or Implementation Engineer at CustomerSuccessBox.
8. In the next window, kindly complete the field mapping of your Freshdesk to CustomerSuccessBox and after finalizing, click on Review.
9. Review your mapped fields and after finalizing, click on Save.
That's it! Freshdesk is integrated with just the authorization.
How would I know if integration is a success?
You can check if the integration is a success, by going to your CustomerSuccessBox instance, gear icon on the top right corner→ Integrations, and under Connected Integrations, you should see the Freshdesk card with checked “Enabled” status is green.
How do I check the data coming from the Freshdesk?
Step-1: You’ll receive a confirmation email
Step-2: The Integration log page shows "Successful"
There are the following two ways to check the data:
1st way to check: You can find the customer where you are 100 % sure that tickets are associated with that account and the user's email address is the same as the requestor's email address of tickets. You can search the name of that Account, click on the "Tickets'' tab.
The tickets tab will show all the tickets, associated with that account.
2nd way to check:
Create a list for testing purposes.
With the following criteria - Total tickets greater than 1 in last 90 days
Do not forget to enable the list after creation. You will see all accounts where tickets have been created in the last 30 days. You can open up an account, go to the tickets tab to see all the relevant tickets.
What information is visible in Tickets conversations
All conversations belonging to existing users in CustomerSuccessBox are synced hourly from Freshdesk. Existing users must have email defined for themselves in the email attribute. This is a must to associate the tickets to the Accounts present in CustomerSuccessBox.
In most cases, you would have a dedicated Customer Success Manager who will be your point of contact for any queries or assistance. You may also,
Initiate a chat directly from within CustomerSuccessBox. Use the chat option (under ? icon) on the top right navigation bar.
Create a conversation from here
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org